Keep the Fire Burning

I'm back! I'm back, I'm back in Cebu City...I was here way back 2010. I came here before to find a living and to work for my dreams together with my boyfriend. We never thought fate would bring us back to this place for the same reasons. Maybe, time was the only thing that changed. You might think, it isn't interesting but wait there's more.

One day, I was cleaning the room I once lived; I found some old files from my previous job in MACbay Cafe. I was happy to find an old photo. To those who are coffee maker and coffee drinkers, you might know what is this; Caramel Latte. When we say latte, it's a combination of espresso and hot milk. So, as you can see on the photo, the bottom part was the Caramel syrup, followed by milk, then espresso and on top was the creamy foam. I really paste it on my room's wall to give me inspiration as I want to pursue what I have started here in Cebu. It was like this; three years ago I was given a huge opportunity, a chance in Management. Back then, I was just a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Instructor training Engineering professionals and students about Control System. Obviously, no background about managing a cafe or haven't tried to be part of a food industry. When the owner wanted MACbay Cafe back in business, he gave me options: to continue my aspiration to be an engineer working in Oil & Gas industry or try managing a cafe. I chose the latter for some reason. Perhaps, I didn't want to be away from my loved ones because I'll be working abroad when that happens. So given what I chose, mixed feelings were felt. I was nervous and challenged. Nervous because I had to have a vast knowledge about running a cafe, especially he trusted and expected so much help from me. Challenged because, that was really something new and interesting. Of course, the owner didn't just leave me with empty, confused, and curious mind -- he introduced me to his close friend who became my business coach. Indeed, he helped! Through him, I was able to stand the cafe again. I learned to balance things with my own ways and set the first things first. Until I didn't recognize how devoted and passionate I was with my work when my boyfriend told me "I must say you're so busy at your work, you spend your breakfast, lunch, dinner and even you take your rest there. But I'm not worried because you're so happy. Aren't you?" I felt blessed and lucky in spite of the big challenge I was facing because I had with me my two pillars of support: the owner and the business coach. Not to mention the very understanding boyfriend. I consider them as one of my blessings because they gave me a splendid experience that I could treasure until now. They aided me in finding true love in work that it didn't feel like working anymore but it was like playing. I was enjoying every challenge that came along the way and the bonuses that I got in achieving the business goals. Most importantly, they invest friendship and trust in me that was used as a capital of my strength in discovering my passion and widening my capabilities.

Now, I would like to create the experience again in a more grandiose way with planning, creativity and innovativeness. I already know the workarounds of a cafe but I guess I still have a lot of things to know and learn. I must say I'm craving for more. I believe my battle didn't just end there and a better future is waiting for me here in Cebu. Who knows we will meet someday and by that time, I was the owner, they are the business coach and you will be as inspired as me. See you...! ^^

I would like to share this quote I found in Twitter @AffirmYourLife (Che Garman) from Mary Lou Retton. "Each of us has a fire in our hearts for something. It's our goal in life to find it and keep it lit." And I quote, let us make it a habit to get motivated and inspired everyday by visualizing our passion to keep the fire burning.

With the Cafe's achievement that time, I would like to thank the people who have helped me to make it possible. These are Antonio Oliverio Jr., Leo Basarte, Irish Narvas, Gil Cabahug, Michelle Laquinta and Warmie Gordionez (RIP). In the PLC Training: Redenthor Liston, Domedes Dacua, Clark Bucog and the OJTs; Julius Belarmino, Kaye Perez and Cho Emz (I forgot her real name, sorry). I guess if I could remember I was not able to thank them before the CafΓ© closed. I wish them all the success in their endeavor and that my prayers are always with them. I would like to express also my deepest gratitude to all MACbay customers for patronizing and supporting our products at that time. 

(Photo courtesy of MACbay Cafe during the 2nd Anniversary)

(Taken during our farewell getaway)

Comments

  1. Ang gwapo ko sa picture....woohhoo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i missed you guys.... when and where man ang reunion?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Appreciating What We Already Have: My Journey from Self-Doubt to Gratitude

Experience the Natural Power of Herbs with Supreme Herb Turmeric Soothing Gel Max Strength: An Organic and Edible Solution to Pain and Inflammation

Breaking the Stigma: Choosing to Be a Single Mom