My Greatest Physical Battle

Warning: If you are eating, please do not read this article.

Last May 2014, my supervisor called up my attention that there was something on the X-ray result after we had our Annual Physical Examination last April. I talked to our company physician and he said that they saw small spots on my right lung that could be the caused of having Tuberculosis. I knew that I was exhausting my health because I worked 3AM-12PM and then after that, I did my MK business 1-5PM. So, I decided to quit my job because I did not want to risk my health. I did not render 30-day grace period so I could rest before going back home. I already had a cough that hadn't been gone for 2 weeks and lumps under my jaw.

I arrived in Davao last June 20, 2014 and planned to stay just for a month then came back to Cebu again. I told my parents and a close friend of mine about my health condition. They said we will see a doctor next week since it was weekend when I arrived. That Friday evening, I was with my friend way back in high school celebrating her birthday. Saturday, I attended a wedding. And Sunday, I did my MK business. In short, I had a pretty busy schedule. Anyways, my last appointment that Sunday night was my friend who lives in Buhangin.

It was already 8PM but I still decided to go to her house because she will leave for General Santos City the next day. When I got out from the tricycle, it was raining and I was alone on the street. I sent my friend sms and waited for her. She then gave me instruction on how to get to her house. 

Upon arriving, I did the usual thing I do with my business but then at the end of my presentation, I felt my legs were aching, some kind of muscle pain. I also noticed there were tiny red spots on my legs as if I was bitten by a mosquito. I was wearing heels at that time and I found it difficult to walk. But I did not tell my friend about that instead I requested for a taxi going home.

When I arrived home I relaxed myself by sitting on our sofa because I felt really tired. Then when I was about to stand up I found it hard to stand anymore. Still, I forced myself to stand up and walk.

The next day, I was shocked the red spots had gone bigger. The muscle pain I felt on my legs had become excruciating making me difficult to walk. I cannot even stand up with my own feet. I needed support to do so. It was Monday so our plan to see a doctor was cancelled because of my condition.

I did not get any better so by Wednesday we decided to see a doctor. Every step I took for me to walk was so painful that I needed to drink water so I won't feel dizzy. I underwent some laboratory test such as X-ray because of the spots on my right lung and blood test. Everything was normal even the spots on my lung were gone. The doctor cannot even tell me what my sickness was all about. She just prescribed me antibiotics and pain reliever and that I needed to comeback after a week she said.


I religiously took the medicine as prescribed because I wanted to get healed quickly. I cannot withstand the pain anymore. I just couldn't describe it in words how painful this experience was to me. My only escape was to go to sleep so I won't feel the pain. I hated taking a bath so much because every time I poured water on my legs it was like I was pouring alcohol on to my wounds. That's how painful it was. So, I did not take a bath everyday. I had to gain a lot of strength if I decided to take a bath. Unfortunately, everyday it got worsen and worsen than ever to the point that I could not walk anymore. The red spots became bigger and they scattered all throughout my legs, to my butt and to my arms. I then experienced muscle pain on my arms. I found it heavy to hold my cellphone anymore. It was like the red spots were eating my muscle tissue inside. It was night time when I noticed I had difficulty in breathing. I found out that there was one tiny red spot on my chest. I did not sleep because I was afraid that I might woke up separated from my body. I just kept watching the music video of Miley Cyrus "We Can't Stop" on Youtube. I did not know what's with that video that I resonated with it at that time. I waited until my family woke up. 

When they were awake, I cried and begged to pray for me. I just couldn't bear it any longer. I also called my ex-boyfriend who was in Cebu at that time to pray for me. I asked my family to send me to a hospital. After the prayer, I felt relaxed so I slept and when I regained my strength we went to the hospital. It was becoming more painful and excruciating. When we arrived at the nearest hospital SPMC, I told the doctor that this was very painful. She then injected me a pain reliever. That time I felt a relief. Then, I meditated. I felt the sense of peace I had been longing for since I got this disease. I was not sleeping because I was aware of the noise inside the hospital. You could imagine how noisy it was in a public hospital in the emergency area. Then I slept. When I woke up, I noticed the red spots on my legs where not that red anymore. It was like they were turning into brown. I felt much better because they were not that painful. I felt hungry too. We just waited for the laboratory result. The doctor said again everything was normal and so she advised me to go home and again prescribed me with antibiotics and pain reliever. But, the doctor was amazed by the improvement she saw on my legs after she injected me with JUST a pain reliever. No medicine. No antibiotics.


My ex-boyfriend called our friends here in Davao to visit me and check my condition. One of them said that my disease was not normal and that I should seek an advice from a faith healer. He immediately called their family friend who was a faith healer. The faith healer arrived and checked me. He said he cannot heal me that day because it was not Tuesday or Friday. He said that I was being likened by a spirit entity. In our language, it was called "nabuyagan ug engkanto." He said, "You do not have to say sorry for them because you did not do anything against them." He then asked me, where was the last place I went to before I got this disease. Then I remembered, it was in Buhangin and I thought perhaps it happened on the street when I got out from the tricycle because it was creepy. I never thought this could possibly happen to me when I did not believe those kind of stuffs. He advised me to eat only leafy vegetables & fish like milk fish, cat fish, lapu-lapu, salmon, etc. And also to take a bath using water with boiled guava leaves. I followed his advice and he went to visit me every Tuesday and Friday to heal and pray for me. He applied coconut oil on to my legs, butt and arms.

The biggest wound of all located
on my right foot.
I got better but not yet cured and I was always hoping that I would be completely okay before my birthday. But, it did not. Though I got better but the healing was very slow. It was not like the normal sickness that you get healed after few days. Mine had gone out of schedule. July was almost over and I was still lying on my bed. I made myself busy by logging on in Facebook, read every status my friends made, chat with them, call my friends. I did not let all my friends know my condition only close ones because I did not want them to visit me at home. They may not like it when they see my wounds, blood and pus were coming out of it. 

I stopped seeing the faith healer even when I was not completely cured because his assistant, the one who drove him to our house, was into me. His assistant said that he liked me. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. This was not right. My mother was so angry why I stopped seeing the faith healer. I did not tell her the reason why. I told myself, if I was able to heal myself before with my asthma and sinusitis through meditation, I can do that too with my current condition. 

Wounds getting better on my
left and right foot.
Living my life every single day on the bed seemed not easy for me at that time. I was always a woman of action and having a disease like this made me feel bored. Still, I kept myself busy through Facebook, read books and listen to my audio books because I feared that I will become complacent when I get healed. I always pray to God to heal me and give me strength and patience and to present me a new perspective on how I could enjoy my condition. 

Second week of August, I found a Silva Mind Control group in Facebook which I joined automatically because this was the kind of meditation I practiced. I made a comment also in there. In the evening, after I woke up from a nap, someone sent me a message. He read my mind and he said that I had a big dream but situation was not supporting me so I told him about my condition and he said that he was willing to help. He was a healer and a trained Silva instructor. He said that he can heal me and teach me more about Silva Mind Control Method for free. I had a doubt because he was located in another side of the world but I decided to give it a try. He said distance won't matter. While he was healing me, I also started my regular practice of Silva meditation at least twice a day to heal myself as well and to get me out of boredom. As a healer himself, he also advised me to see a doctor. I went to a dermatologist this time. The 2 doctors I mentioned above were Internal Medicine doctors. The dermatologist said that this kind of disease might be a type of vasculitis, inflammation of blood vessels in the skin. She then prescribed me an antibiotics and advised me to use soap like Cetaphil and saltwater when taking a bath so the wounds will dry up quickly. My improvement was a lot faster. In fact, I was able to walk by the month of September and I was back into business by October. The brown marks were still visible on my arms, legs, butt and feet and so the Silva instructor advised me to apply virgin coconut oil twice a day on my skin. I applied it religiously even when it felt hot on my skin so I can have my flawless legs back. I realized virgin coconut oil was really good for our skin better than lotion.

The evolution of its healing.
I cannot imagine I was able to surpass this experience given that my pain threshold was so low. I cannot endure pain that much and my escape was to feel dizzy or nauseated. This experience made me increase my pain threshold and my faith in God that I can do the impossible possible. Of course, this was all because of my family, loved ones, friends and my sales director in MK who prayed for me during this time of my life. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart and may God bless you more than you prayed for. I also would like to thank my healers and doctors. Thank you very much. Now, the marks on my arms, legs and butt were all gone except for the biggest wound I had on my right & left foot. At least, I can now wear short, skirt or dress whenever I want to.

This is how it looked like nowadays. Some thought I had a tattoo removed.
March 27, 2015

I thought this was the end of my battle but I found out this was just the beginning... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking the Stigma: Choosing to Be a Single Mom

Missing the Old Memories

Experience the Natural Power of Herbs with Supreme Herb Turmeric Soothing Gel Max Strength: An Organic and Edible Solution to Pain and Inflammation