Appreciating What We Already Have: My Journey from Self-Doubt to Gratitude

Hey everyone, it's been almost five years since my last blog post, but I'm excited to be back and share my journey with you guys. I took a break from blogging in October 2019 to go back to work because I was afraid that my online business wouldn't be enough to sustain me and my child's basic needs. However, I continued running my online business, Our Beauty Shoppe, which unexpectedly took off during pandemic, allowing me to save money and to start a small food business. In this post, I want to talk about how difficult it is for us to appreciate what we have and forget about them. 

Right after I quit my job (September 2021) instead of focusing more on my online business, I invested a lot of money and effort in a small meat shop and food business, which was not my area of expertise, and ended up losing a lot of money, including my savings. It was a tough time, and I felt a mix of emotions, anger, regret, grief and self-blame. However, I realized that it had to happen to gain the wisdom and knowledge I have today. It took me almost two years to appreciate my online business, which I should have valued more.

Our brains are wired to focus on problems to find solutions, making it hard to appreciate the good things we have. In my case, I want to start real business not knowing that I already have one, my online business, because a month before the lockdown I upgraded to a Distributor from being a Mobile Stockist of Supreme Herb. I put my online shop in vacation-mode because I was locked up in a hotel due to my work for 2 months. However, right after the lockdown orders kept coming in. Almost everyday I packed orders. I had regular sales with my online business, and because it came so easy for me that I didn't find it as a real business..πŸ˜©πŸ˜”

I had this deep desire to stop working and have my own business and someone offered me a small meat shop and food business at the same time. I didn't know that he's a swindler. I didn't do a background check so I had to face the consequences of my actions and decisions..😨😰😭

It was only then when I joined Mastermind of Dean Graziosi that I was able to meet really great coaches, businessmen and salesmen. I learned from there that when your business is easy that is the perfect time to work even harder and when your business is hard that's the time to make a big decision or pivot. For more than a year, I did the opposite. I focused my time, energy and effort on my food business rather than my online business. Instead of going back to regrets again, I trained myself to see the good in my current situation, even little ones.


I started a gratitude journal, where you write down the things you appreciate each day. I already knew about this from Teal Swan a long time ago but I didn't do it because intrinsically I was an optimistic person. However, from September 2021 to November 2022 I was really in a very negative state and one more problem I will definitely get depressed about. So, right after I dealt with all my negative emotions and when I was feeling neutral, I wrote in my gratitude journal. It trained my mind to see good things most especially in bad situations and gained a different perspective on my problems. This is where I started to value and appreciate my online business.

That's why, I'm also excited to be back to share more about my all-natural, organic, edible and effective liniments, soaps, and rubs. Now, I am more committed to my online business because I also want people to understand the benefits of using all-natural products for themselves and the environment. Although I can still fulfill Mary Kay orders, I will primarily focus on my all-natural products as I am one of the authorized distributors. With regards to my food business, I have my partner to help me run it and he's a very good cook..πŸ˜‹πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜

I hope you found this post helpful, and I look forward to sharing more with you soon. Have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking the Stigma: Choosing to Be a Single Mom

Missing the Old Memories

Experience the Natural Power of Herbs with Supreme Herb Turmeric Soothing Gel Max Strength: An Organic and Edible Solution to Pain and Inflammation